fervent, zealous, enthusiastic
\ar"dent\ (&?;), a. [oe. ardaunt, f. ardant, p. pr. of arder to burn, fr. l. ardere.] 1.
hot or burning; causing a sensation of burning; fiery; as, ardent spirits, that is, distilled liquors; an ardent fever. 2.
having the appearance or quality of fire; fierce; glowing; shining; as, ardent eyes. 3.
warm, applied to the passions and affections; passionate; fervent; zealous; vehement; as, ardent love, feelings, zeal, hope, temper. an ardent and impetuous race.
may refer to:
- Ardent (automobile), a French automobile produced from 1900 to 1901
- Ardent Computer, a graphics minicomputer manufacturing company
- Ardent Leisure, an Australian operator of theme parks and other leisure venues
- Ardent Productions, a film recording company founded by Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex
- Ardent Records, a Memphis record label founded in 1959
- Ardent Studios, a professional recording studio in Memphis, Tennessee, in the United States
- , several ships of the British Royal Navy
- , various United States Navy ships
- Ardent (Dungeons & Dragons), a character class in the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
1. characterized by intense emotion; "ardent love"; "an ardent lover"; "a burning enthusiasm"; "a fervent desire to change society"; "a fervent admirer"; "fiery oratory"; "an impassioned appeal"; "a torrid love affair"
(synonym) burning(a), fervent, fervid, fiery, impassioned, perfervid, torrid
2. characterized by strong enthusiasm; "ardent revolutionaries"; "warm support"
3. glowing or shining like fire; "from rank to rank she darts her ardent eyes"- Alexander Pope; "frightened by his ardent burning eyes"
ardent Argyllaeth = n. ardent desire Awydd = n. ardent desire, avidity Clauar = a. temperate, mild; lukewarm; indifferent, not ardent Coeth = a. ardent; pure, purified Gorfrwd = a. very ardent Graid = n. sun heat; ardency =
a. ardent, vehement Gwair =
n. hay, a. fresh, sprouting; ardent Gwraid =
n. what is ardent Gwrdd =
a. stout; ardent, vehement Gwrddiad =
n. a rendering ardent Gwrddu =
v. to render ardent Gwrysiad =
n. ardent, striving Lluchfryd =
a. of ardent passion Lluchfrys =
a. of ardent haste Rhywrys =
a. over ardent Taer =
n. urgent state, a. eager, ardent, urgent Terig =
a. ardent; harsh; rutting Terigiad =
n. a making ardent Tern =
a. ardent, vehement Terniad =
n. a moving ardent Terwyn =
a. ardent, fervent Terwyniad =
n. a growing ardent Terwynu =
v. to grow ardent Teryddiad =
n. a grewing ardent Tryn =
n. ardency, fierceness; ardent, fierce, stern Yster =
n. what is ardent Ysteraig =
a. ardent Ystern =
n. what is ardent, a. of ardent tendency Ysteru =
v. to render ardent
Ardent Communications Inc
Warm, applied to the passions and affections; passionate; fervent; zealous; vehement; as, ardent love, feelings, zeal, hope, temper.
Hot or burning; causing a sensation of burning; fiery; as, ardent spirits, that is, distilled liquors; an ardent fever.
Having the appearance or quality of fire; fierce; glowing; shining; as, ardent eyes.
Burning with passion
Translate the Anglais term ardent to other languages